Apr 30, 2015

A Months Time

A Months Time

Audio File:
A Months Time Audio

I wondered what your excuse would be...
It's been at least a month since you've talked to me
Not a single text , no phone calls , emails, visits, Facebook or Skype calls
Which for a woman who just proclaimed her love proves quite odd
I refuse to break this eery silence once again in order to save "us"
Us...whatever that is...
This situationship is more work than the slightly more committed thing we seem to avoid..
Sometimes I feel we are both guilty of treating these things called hearts as playful little toys
Anyways...
I as always...reached to you week 2, with a simple text
It read "2 weeks huh"....
Feeling dumb , with no reply I called that evening which you would say you'd call back
I waited for that...do you know I wait for no one, that I'm long passed chasing for the fun?
I'm sure you know I'd rather play that Russian game with the gun...Oo yea.. roulette
Week 3 came and foolishly I visit
At work none the less
Where you live, where you stay, where you stress...
So when I enter seeing your beauty, I suddenly have nothing to say...
So what comes out is "hey"
As you ask me what's up I snap back instantly!
What the hell is going on!?, are you ignoring me !? Is this over, are you done??
Because if so ...I'd just like to know
I'd like to know how is it you say first I love you but clearly it is I who shows
You tell me no, "I've been busy, and working"
And everything in me immediately says "that's ALL you have to say!? "
My anger and pain says "Fuck you!"
In my head of course
What really came out was, "ok"
"You can call me when you're free"...
I constantly keep running and running fast
To chase your ass, texting you first, calling you first, finding you first!
Ignoring the thirst until finally my brain and my heart coincide to say At last! You get it...
You questioned my ability to love you properly
Yet you not once chased me and could not once compromise.
I never asked for much, just effort
Effort even through my early lies
Since it didn't lead to our demise
I vowed to fight through your steal pride
The same pride that denies me
The same pride that loses me
Finding love in you, was easy
Easy enough for me to consistently think of you
Each and every day
Thinking would I see you today, would you let me have my way
I love it because I knew it was no.
It was easy enough to call you midday Monday through Friday in the middle of my work day, just to converse for few minutes.
Happiness was easy because your voice did it.
Easy enough to send good morning text or hey, hellos, every couple days in the inconsistent distance that followed our sexual encounters
The complications of this situationship
And in just over a year all the shit we've been through
Somehow through many, down to a few, then simply it became JUST you...
So interestingly enough through juggling a business, 2 jobs, fucked up family dilemmas,  unnecessary drama, life, I tripped into your arms and fell in your love trap
I GUESS you were just too fucking "busy"...to love back.

By: Taidon Speaks



1 comment:

Show Love or constructive criticism if you may. I only aim to get better. Thanks for the support.